Picture this: It is one of your first times practicing yoga. You are excited and a bit nervous. You aren’t quite sure what to expect but you have heard about the benefits of yoga from others. As the class begins, you put your foot here, twist a bit there, and you try your darndest to breathe when the instructor says to!
At times during the class, you think to yourself, “Am I doing this right?” or “How on earth did I get my body into this pose?! This is weird!”
After the class ends, you lay in Savasana and have a few moments to yourself. You can’t help but notice that you feel GOOD!
To be a new yoga student is a time of wonder, curiosity, and at times awkwardness. I think we all know what it’s like to step onto the mat for a class, not knowing what to expect but feeling amazing afterwards.
For some of us, the awkward moments in yoga are enough to make us not want to come back. Some of us want to practice but don’t have the confidence to.
To help us move past some of these awkward feelings, we can use affirmations.
Affirmations are a great way for us to practice yoga off the mat. It can be so motivating to keep working towards a healthy mind, body, and spirit through yoga.
Follow along with this video and keep scrolling for the list of affirmations!
Yoga Affirmations for Beginners
Be sure to subscribe for more!
List of Yoga Affirmations
- I am inspired to do yoga
- What matters in yoga is how I feel, not how I look
- I am worthy of my yoga practice, even if I cannot do every pose fully
- Yoga is continually transforming my mind, body, and spirit
- I choose to practice yoga because I love myself
- Yoga can be practiced at any time
- My yoga practice helps me in my life
- I can always find time to practice yoga
- Yoga means to unite many aspects of myself together
- The more I practice yoga, the more natural it becomes for me
- My breath eases me into the poses
- Yoga is healing for me
The power of affirmations lies in their ability to shape our thoughts and beliefs over time. By incorporating these affirmations into our daily routine and repeating them often, they will gradually become a natural part of our thought process and can help to transform our mindset and perspective. So don’t be afraid to use affirmations often – the more you do, the more they will become second nature and help you to create a positive and empowered life.
Leave a Reply